Wednesday 16 November 2016

"my biggest challenge"



     The biggest challenge for people like me who has disability is making people treat me like a normal person and respect me as I am.

     Well, if u ask me, I never consider myself as a disable and I never treat myself like that. I wear clothes I want to wear. I walk like normal. I can run. I can swim. I can dance. For me I'm normal.

     I'm thankful that my friends treat me like normal too. I am friendly and cheerful person. The only exemption is I cannot  a normal shoes. My only weakness is I cannot stand alone for a long time without holding something to support standing.

     But only a few friends knows about that. I don't want to show them my weakness. I want my friends and those people who know me when they hear my name "Debbie", they will remember me as a positive person and rather call me crazy than to remember me as a person that has disability.

    I believe that people treat me the way how I treat myself and see me the way how I see myself. For me.. It's always flattering when they call me beautiful and crazy. Sometimes they don't hand out without me.

   I remember that I jumped out from the window just to get to the disco. Hahaha! I know it's funny. But yes, I did it because my grandparents they didn't allow me to go to the school party at night. "No.. you are not going! you will sleep early."But luckily I didn't break my bones coz I realized that it was dangerous.

   When I decided to go Manila, I remember that my grandparents they were so worried for me and they did not agree. But I am stubborn. Yes, I fight for what I think is right and good for me as long as I don't harm anyone.

    "I know that you care for me. But if u really love me.. You will let me grow up. Let me learn.Just like when you like a flower. Don't pull it off coz it will die. Let it grow and bloom." My grandfather said, " I am always proud of you, dear. But please be always careful for the world is becoming worst nowadays."

    Now that I am in Manila, I am trying to improve myself. I learned a lot from my new friends.
But I know my limitations. I will not break the trust that my grandparents gave me.

  I just hate it when taxi drivers asked which province I came from. Some taxi drivers took advantage once they know I am new in Manila. I may look like "Maria Clara" coz I used to have a long straight black hair. So I cut my hair and colored them. It looks good to me. Not bad.

   I am ready to face Manila.Ready to learn new things. Ready to accept challenges. Ready for a new chapter of my life. Positive!









33mq3pBamtZUg7Jb9HA3NVVHFbkazAkv8z

Thank you for giving time reading my blogs. I highly appreciate if you help me reach my dream and be part of my journey. Please consider donating me using bitcoin. Godbless.

No comments:

Post a Comment